Salmon Patties are a fun way to get your seafood fix in.
Flaky salmon is tossed with sweet onions, fresh herbs, breadcrumbs, and spices, then fried until golden and crisp!
Serve them with your favorite dip, tartar sauce, or just enjoy them as is!
Ingredients for Salmon Patties
- Salmon – Use either canned salmon for a quick meal or leftover cooked fresh salmon.
- Seasonings – This simple recipe uses a few basic seasonings, including old bay seasoning, fresh dill, and parsley. Lemon juice and lemon zest add a bit of freshness. Switch up the flavor by adding a little Dijon mustard, garlic powder, or onion powder.
- Breadcrumbs – These help bind the patties and make a nice crispy outside. Replace them with crushed saltine crackers or almond flour.
Serve this salmon patty recipe with a fresh green salad or an easy potato salad for an easy dinner-time meal.
How To Make Salmon Patties
It doesn’t take long to make these little patties of joy.
- Soften the onions in butter and then gently combine all ingredients per the recipe below.
- Form salmon cakes and chill.
- Fry the salmon patties in a large skillet until they are golden on both sides.
- Serve with tartar sauce or top with creamed peas.
Double-check for any bones that might have been missed when your salmon was filleted.
Leftover salmon patties can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2 to 3 months.
- Reheating Leftovers:
- Stovetop: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of oil or butter to prevent sticking. Place the salmon patties in the skillet and cook for about 2-3 mins on each side, or until they are heated through and have a crispy exterior.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the salmon patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are heated through and have a crispy exterior.
So Many Ways to Salmon!
Did you make these Salmon Patties? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
5 from 35 votes↑ Click stars to rate now!
Or to leave a comment, click here!
Easy Salmon Patties
Tender flaky salmon mixed with our favorite seasonings create the most perfect salmon patties for an easy meal!
Prep Time 15 minutes minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes minutes
Rest Time 35 minutes minutes
Total Time 1 hour hour 5 minutes minutes
Melt butter in pan and cook onion until softed, about 3-4 minutes. Cool.
In a bowl, combine drained salmon, ½ cup breadcrumbs, old bay seasoning, eggs, lemon, dill, and parsley. Add cooked onions and mix.
Refrigerate mixture 15 minutes. Remove from fridge and form salmon mixture into patties.
Place remaining ½ cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dip the salmon patties into the breadcrumbs and gently press to adhere. Place in a refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour (this helps them to hold their shape).
Preheat skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan and cook salmon patties until golden.
Serve with tartar sauce and additional herbs if desired.
Store leftover salmon patties in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2-3 months.
Calories: 176 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Course Fish, Lunch, Seafood Cuisine American
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.