Baked Spaghetti is a favorite casserole around here!
In this cozy dish, spaghetti is tossed with a zesty meat sauce, topped with cheese and oven-baked until hot and bubbly.
This recipe reheats well and is freezer friendly.
Easy Baked Spaghetti
This easy baked spaghetti casserole is a family favorite that is loaded with flavor!
Ingredients for Baked Spaghetti
- Meat: Choose either ground beef or Italian sausage or a combination of the two. For a leaner option, ground turkey is a great option.
- Aromatics: Onion, garlic & green pepper add lots of flavor to this baked spaghetti recipe.
- Sauce: Use your favorite brand of pasta sauce or marinara sauce and add in diced tomatoes and Italian Seasoning for extra flavor
- Spaghetti: Replace the spaghetti noodles with any long pasta or whole wheat spaghetti.
- Cheese: The crowning glory. A mix of mozzarella and parmesan brings that gooey, golden finish we all adore.
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
- Brown beef and onions. Add veggies and tomato sauce and simmer.
- Toss the sauce with cooked spaghetti and transfer it to a baking dish.
- Top with cheese and bake!
- Esure the spaghetti is cooked al dente as the noodles cook a bit more in the oven.
- Add whatever you like to the sauce, replace green pepper with diced mushrooms or zucchini.
- You can easily adjust this to your liking and add more or less sauce if you’d prefer.
- Since the pasta and the sauce are warm when making this dish, bake it for about 25 minutes.
- If you prep it ahead of time and refrigerate it, it’ll take a bit longer. Remove it from the fridge 30 minutes before baking and bake for about 35 minutes or until hot in the center.
- The prep can be done the night before and then baked before serving, making this baked spaghetti the perfect potluck dish!
- Don’t cover the baked spaghetti so the cheese can form a nice crust. Covering it will also make it steam which can overcook the spaghetti.
Easy Weeknight Casseroles
Did you make this Baked Spaghetti? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
4.98 from 347 votes↑ Click stars to rate now!
Or to leave a comment, click here!
This easy baked spaghetti casserole is a family favorite that is easy to prepare!
Prep Time 25 minutes minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes minutes
Total Time 55 minutes minutes
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a large pot of salted water, cook the spaghetti al dente according to package directions.
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the meat, onion, garlic, seasoning, and green pepper while breaking up the meat. Drain fat if needed.
Stir in the pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, and tomatoes to the meat. Simmer uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cooked spaghetti and parsley.
Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 pan, top with cheeses, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and the cheese is browned and bubbly. Cut into squares to serve.
If preparing ahead of time, cooking time may need to be increased by 10 minutes. This casserole covered with foil and frozen before baking. Thaw in the fridge overnight and bake as directed, adding 10 minutes to the cooking time. Leftovers can be covered with plastic wrap and stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven or in the microwave until heated through.
Calories: 413 | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 1054mg | Potassium: 864mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 945IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 216mg | Iron: 4mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Course Casserole, Dinner, Entree, Pasta Cuisine American, Italian
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.