Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes, is a one-pot wonder that’s as easy as it is delicious.
Tender chicken, potatoes, and carrots are simply seasoned and cooked until tender. Home-cooked comfort on a plate.
Budget-friendly and hearty, this recipe is a go-to for those family-sized chicken packs on sale.
Ingredients for Crockpot Chicken & Potatoes
This recipe is adaptable to whatever you have on hand. Substitute poultry seasoning or other herbs for the Italian seasoning called for in the recipe.
- Chicken: Choose bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe as they have more flavor and won’t dry out.
- Vegetables: Baby potatoes are a great choice because they don’t require peeling and the skin keeps them from getting mushy. Fresh carrots or baby carrots and diced onions round out the meal.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning is a favorite, but any chicken seasoning you love will work in this recipe.
- Other Ingredients: Melted butter, chicken stock or chicken broth add enough liquid to help everything cook evenly.
How to Make CrockPot Chicken and Potatoes
- Heat oil in a pan. Season the chicken and brown the skin per the recipe below.
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, add the potatoes, carrots, onions, butter, and seasonings.
- Top with chicken & cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours until chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- The skin on the chicken will not crisp in the slow cooker, I broil it before serving.
- Chicken breasts can dry out in this recipe, if swapping chicken breasts, they will likely need less cooking time.
- The juices can be made into an easy gravy with flour or cornstarch if you’d like.
Delicious Crockpot Chicken Dishes
Did your family love this Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes recipe? Leave a rating and a comment below!
5 from 1 vote↑ Click stars to rate now!
Or to leave a comment, click here!
CrockPot Chicken and Potatoes
CrockPot Chicken and Potatoes offers the perfect combination of flavorful chicken and hearty veggies for a complete one-pot meal.
Prep Time 15 minutes minutes
Cook Time 5 hours hours
Total Time 5 hours hours 15 minutes minutes
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper to taste. Add chicken, skin-side down, and brown for 3-5 minutes.
Combine potatoes, carrots, onions, melted butter, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper.
Add potato mixture to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with the rosemary sprigs and chicken thighs. Pour in chicken stock.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours or just until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and the vegetables are tender.
To Crisp Skin (optional): Once cooked, remove chicken from the slow cooker and place on a foil lined pan. Broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until browned and crisp. To make a gravy/sauce (optional): In a medium saucepan, combine ¼ cup butter and ¼ cup flour over medium heat. Cook the flour for 3 to 4 minutes or until the butter starts to lightly brown. Place the drippings in a measuring cup and add enough liquid to make 1 1/2 cups. Slowly add the liquid into the flour mixture a little bit at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Boil 1 minute and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 454 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2884IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Course Chicken, Main Course, Slow Cooker Cuisine American
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.