A low-carb dinner recipe for the whole family! Stuffed with ground beef and taco seasoning, baked to cheesy perfection.
With last week’s cauliflower tacos, I am continuing the taco goodness with these heavenly stuffed low-carb zucchini boats.
Stuffed with ground beef, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes + green chilies and topped with melted sharp cheddar cheese perfection.
These babies come together quickly in just about 20 minutes, and you can even make the filling ahead of time, cutting prep time for those busy weeknights.
When ready to serve, I like to top these off with a little bit of sour cream, fresh tomatoes, avocado and cilantro. So so good.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 x 13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
Cut each zucchini in half horizontally, then carefully scoop out the center of the zucchini, reserving for another use, leaving about 1/2-inch of zucchini on the skin.
- Heat canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in diced tomatoes & green chilies and taco seasoning until thickened and flavors have blended, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
Place zucchini in a single layer, skin-side down, onto the prepared baking dish; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beef mixture to each zucchini.
Place into oven and bake until the zucchini is tender, about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.