So you’re not a huge pie fan? No problem here! We put together an extensive list of Thanksgiving desserts (that aren’t pie), so that there’s a little something sweet for everyone.
Thanksgiving Desserts That Aren’t Pie
Alright I’ll just say it, I don’t really like pie. I know we just had a whole pie week and we have a bunch of pies on the site, but when it really comes down to it, I’d pick a cake or a cookie over pie any day. Obviously there’s going to be pie on the Thanksgiving dessert spread, but you can also load up that table with tons of other Thanksgiving desserts that aren’t pie. If you’re hosting, it can be nice for variety, or if you’re bringing a dessert you can probably assume there’s going to be pie, so why not bring something unique?
We rounded up our favorites for you to give you some ideas of seasonal sweets!
What other types of desserts can you serve for Thanksgiving?
I know when we think of Thanksgiving desserts, pie is probably the one that comes to mind, but there are SO many other delicious desserts you can whip up to end the feast of all feasts on a sweet note. If you choose the right, seasonal flavors, pretty much any dessert form can be ideal for Thanksgiving.
Our favorite Thanksgiving Flavors
So, what flavors are appropriate for the Thanksgiving dessert spread? This is a loaded question, because personally I feel that any flavor is the right flavor if you like it; however, certain flavors are a little more nostalgic and seasonal so they’ll fit in seamlessly with the pie spread. Some of our favorite flavors for the holiday are:
- White Chocolate
Remember that these are just suggestions, and you can indulge in whatever desserts are your favorite!
- Pumpkin Streusel Cake: Step aside b-day cake, this Milk Bar style pumpkin streusel cake is about to seduce your tastebuds. Made with layers of moist pumpkin cake, buttery cinnamon sugar streusel, and dreamy cream cheese icing, this fall cake is sure to be a favorite.
- Caramel Cake: This decadent caramel cake is moist, buttery and the salty-sweet treat of your dreams. Made with homemade caramel, the best vanilla cake ever and a fluffy vanilla buttercream!
- Apple Cider Donut Bundt Cake: Take all your favorite flavors of an apple cider donut and make them into an easy bundt cake. This apple cider bundt cake is tender, moist, spiced to perfection and coated in a buttery, cinnamon sugar for the ultimate Fall treat.
- Chocolate Turtle Cake: All your favorite flavors of a gooey chocolate turtle in cake form! This chocolate turtle cake is the perfect decadent layer cake for all the chocolate caramel lovers out there.
- Classic Cheesecake: Let’s talk cheesecake. About how it’s, like, the best dessert ever?! This classic cheesecake recipe makes a foolproof dreamy cheesecake every single time!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake: Meet your new favorite Thanksgiving dessert: pumpkin cheesecake. You’ll love this luscious pumpkin cheesecake with a buttery gingersnap crust, light whipped cream topping and salted caramel drizzle. DROOL.
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars: These soft pumpkin cookies with a dreamy salted maple icing are the perfect fall cookie to whip up this weekend. You’ll love these maple pumpkin cookies for all your pumpkin baking needs.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars: These dreamy white chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars are calling your name! Made with melted white chocolate and thick ribbons of scrumptious raspberry jam, you’ll love these easy cheesecake bars!
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Cobbler: Put together the two best things in the world (apple pie and cinnamon rolls. duh.) into the most scrumptious cinnamon roll apple cobbler. You’ll love this easy apple dessert all fall long!
- White Chocolate Maple Pecan Cookies: Release your inner cookie monster because these super soft and chewy white chocolate maple pecan cookies are calling your name. These fall cookies are loaded up with toasted pecans, pools of white chocolate, and a dash of maple extract for the ultimate salty-sweet treat.
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies: Take yourself back to your childhood with these homemade oatmeal creme pies! These soft and chewy oatmeal sandwich cookies taste just like the Little Debbie’s original!
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Icing: These might be my favorite cookies on the blog and you KNOW they’re going to be on the Thanksgiving table this year.
- Brown Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: If a really good hug could be a cookie, it would be a brown butter oatmeal raisin cookie. It’s soft, tender, warm, cozy, and perfectly sweet. In other words: YOU NEED THESE COOKIES.
- Marshmallow Stuffed Molasses Cookies: Introducing Santa’s new fav cookie: marshmallow stuffed molasses cookies AKA a soft and chewy spiced molasses cookies stuffed with a gooey, toasty marshmallow. Everyone will love these festive cookies all holiday season long.
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread: Every Christmas cookie box needs a buttery shortbread. Specifically a tender shortbread bar drizzled with caramel and chocolate. It’s decadent, salty-sweet, chocolatey and perfect for sharing with friends and family this holiday season!
Thanksgiving Brownies and Bars
- Maple Chai Blondies: These chewy maple chai blondies are spiced to perfection and topped with a salty-sweet maple glaze that you’ll want to drizzle over everything. Made in just one bowl (no mixer required!) this chai blondie recipe is the ultimate easy treat to celebrate cozy fall flavors!
- Zingy Ginger Molasses Blondies: Celebrate gingerbread season with these fun and festive ginger molasses blondies. Topped with cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of white chocolate for the ultimate holiday blondie recipe!
- Pecan Pie Brownies: Add a little chocolate into your classic Thanksgiving dessert spread with these pecan pie brownies. They’re fudgy, nutty, and the perfect decadent treat to whip up for the holidays.
- While Chocolate Maple Nut Blondies: Introducing the best thing we’ve made all year: maple white chocolate pecan blondies. This salty-sweet maple treat is chewy, soft and super easy to make!
Thanksgiving Sweet Breads
- Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns: These soft and buttery cinnamon rolls finished off with an ooey-gooey caramel pecan praline topping are the ultimate holiday breakfast treat. I mean…you can’t have a bad day when it starts with caramel pecan sticky buns!
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls: These pillowy soft pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls with a perfectly spiced pumpkin filling are what Fall dreams are made of.
- Rum Raisin Bread Pudding: Looking for a way to use up those day old croissants or stale brioche? Introducing rum raisin bread pudding: a boozy, buttery, flavorful sweet treat perfect for filling up your belly all fall and winter long!
We hope you enjoy ALL the Thanksgiving desserts this year!