Crockpot chicken and noodles is a cozy, hearty, and delicious meal made easy in the slow cooker! Like a big ol’ hug in a bowl.
Chicken breasts are slow-cooked in a quick and creamy sauce. We add in mixed vegetables and tender egg noodles to make a complete meal.
Warm and comforting, this recipe has remained a favorite for good reason.
Why You’ll Fall in Love With This Chicken & Noodles Recipe
I love soup and always eat the broth first and save the goodies in the bowl for last! This crockpot chicken and noodles recipe is creamy and delicious, like eating all of the goodies out of a bowl of creamy chicken noodle soup!
- This is the best ‘set it and forget it’ kind of meal.
- No need to pre-cook the chicken (or the noodles). Use uncooked chicken breasts or thighs (or leftover rotisserie chicken if it’s what you have!).
- This for chicken and noodles is really easy to make.
- It’s an easy toss in the slow cooker but has such delicious flavor.
- Simply let the crockpot do all the work. It’s a complete meal in one pot.
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – Fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs work well in this recipe. You can also use cooked chicken or leftover turkey with no additional changes to the recipe.
Sauce – We use condensed soups in this recipe as they hold up well to the heat of a slow cooker (fresh dairy can curdle in a slow cooker). Cream of chicken is our first choice but cream of celery works well too.
Vegetables – Frozen mixed vegetables need no prep making this meal extra fast!
If you’ve got fresh vegetables in the refrigerator and add them into the slow cooker to bulk up the meal even more. If using fresh veggies, you’ll want to steam them first or add them earlier so they cook through.
Egg Noodles – The noodles are what make this soup so hearty. Frozen egg noodles like the Reames brand can go straight into the pot. This recipe hasn’t been tested with dry egg noodles, however, they won’t soak up as much liquid so you’ll want to reduce the liquid slightly if using dry pasta.
No Frozen Noodles?
No Problem! Make your own with this easy egg noodles recipe (the noodles in the images on this recipe are my own homemade egg noodles that I’ve frozen). Double (or triple) the recipe and keep extra egg noodles in the freezer!
- Add your own veggies (like carrots, green beans, corn, peas). Steam them before adding for the best results.
- Season to your liking with onion powder, garlic powder, poultry seasoning or a sprinkle of dried rosemary.
- Feeling more like dumplings instead of noodles? Make crockpot chicken and dumplings with refrigerated biscuits, or make old fashioned chicken and dumplings.
How to Make Chicken and Noodles in a Slow Cooker
Comfort food is just a few ingredients away from being made with this simple recipe.
- Cook the chicken, onion, broth, and chicken soup in a crock pot on high heat for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Add back to the slow cooker with veggies & frozen egg noodles.
- Cook until noodles are cooked through (as per the recipe below).
- This recipe is designed to allow frozen egg noodles to be cooked in the broth. Using other noodles may not have the same consistency. The noodles soak up the liquid (and flavor of the broth) while the starches help to thicken the sauce.
- If you don’t have frozen noodles make homemade egg noodles.
- This dish is thicker than a soup, you can add more broth to reach desired consistency.
- If using noodles or pasta other than frozen egg noodles, you may need to reduce the liquid in the recipe and the sauce can be thickened with a slurry.
- Dry pasta doesn’t always cook well in the slow cooker and can become mushy, pre-cook the noodles and add to the dish before serving.
Keep leftover crockpot chicken and noodles in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Heat on the stovetop. Freeze in zippered bags for up to 4 months. Once it’s thawed, do not refreeze it, however.
Chicken in the Crockpot
Did your family love this Crock Pot Chicken & Noodles? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
4.94 from 72 votes↑ Click stars to rate now!
Or to leave a comment, click here!
Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
Juicy chicken, vegetables, and tender noodles in an easy creamy broth cook up effortlessly in the slow cooker.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 15 minutes
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place onion and chicken in a slow cooker. Top with broth, cream of chicken soup, and seasonings.
Cook 3 hours on high or until onions are tender and the chicken is cooked through (165°F).
Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Add them back to the liquid along with the mixed vegetables and frozen egg noodles.
Cook an additional 60-90 min or until noodles are cooked through, stirring after 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
Stir in parsley and serve.
CHICKEN: Use raw boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, or cooked chicken in this recipe. Cooking time will remain the same if using cooked shredded chicken to allow the onions to cook through and the flavors to blend. NOODLES: Use frozen egg noodles such as Reames or homemade egg noodles. Egg noodles can be made in advance and frozen to add to this recipe. One recipe of egg noodles makes approximately the equivalent of 1 package of frozen. SAUCE: It will seem like a lot of liquid when you add the shredded chicken and noodles to the slow cooker. The noodles will soak up a lot of the liquid. This recipe is thicker than soup and is designed for frozen noodles to be cooked in the broth. Other types of noodles won’t thicken the sauce the same way. More broth can be added before serving to reach desired consistency. If using noodles or pasta other than frozen egg noodles, you may need to reduce the liquid in the recipe and the sauce can be thickened with a slurry. 4.94 from 72 votes↑ Click stars to rate now!
Or to leave a comment, click here!
Calories: 511 | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 588mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2525IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
Course Chicken, Dinner, Entree, Slow Cooker Cuisine American
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.