A fully loaded entree salad that’s better than TJ’s original.
Yield: Serves 2
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp. dried Italian herb blend
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cups finely chopped tuscan kale
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup edamame beans, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup carrots, chopped or shredded
- fresh mint and/or basil, optional
Add all dressing ingredients to a large salad bowl and whisk until well combined.
Into that same bowl, first add the chopped kale, massaging the leaves with your hands until dressing has been distributed and leaves soften a bit. Throw in all remaining ingredients.
Toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
Photos by Kacy Meinecke for DietsInReview.com