- Start the grill or use and indoor grill pan.
- Grill tomatoes, peppers and onions over medium heat, turning occasionally until vegetables are well charred all over. Do not grill the cucumber. The skins on the tomatoes will split and fall away.
- As the vegetables finished grilling, place them on a baking sheet to cool. Peel, seed, and remove the stems when cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the grilled vegetables, cucumber, and garlic to a food processor.
- Process the vegetables by using the pulse button so that the vegetables do not get over processed. The vegetables should still be slightly chunky.
- While processing, gradually add 1/4 cup of olive oil, then vinegar.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in herbs and tomato juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Ladle into bowls, drizzle with olive oil if desired.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese if desired.
Note: Gazpacho can be processed to varying degrees depending on personal preference. Some people prefer it processed to the consistency of a smoothie and others prefer a chunky texture. A mixture of the two can also be used by setting aside a portion of chopped vegetables to be added after processing the other ingredients to a smooth texture.