Summary: Herby, perfectly seasoned, with a crispy crust, these chicken thighs are BETTER than the box.
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Black pepper
- 4 meaty chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on) (this is about 1 ¾ pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly mist an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a small plastic or glass container, place the panko, Parmesan, poultry seasoning, garlic, onion, chili and mustard powders, oregano, paprika and a few grind of black pepper. Put the lid on and shake to combine. Pour mixture out into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Using a kitchen shears, trim any excess fat globs off the pieces, and trim any excess top skin if it hangs over the edge of the piece. You do want the skin left on the chicken, though. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with a pinch of kosher salt.
- One by one, press a piece of chicken into the coating, starting with the back side, and then flipping it over to the front side. You want a heavy coating. Place each piece, as it is done being coated, in the prepared baking dish. If there is coating left over after all are done, sprinkle it evenly over the pieces, piling it onto the top of each piece.
- Bake for 45 minutes. The coating will get brown, but won’t burn. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.