A quick and easy home made chicken tortellini soup that both light and bright, and filling and hearty!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini (gluten free for gluten free)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat, add the onions, carrot and celery and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth or stock, chicken and poultry seasoning, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and simmer until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix in the parsley.