Try a twist on traditional pesto with this recipe, made with broccoli and mint.
box whole-grain fusilli or rotini pasta
packed fresh mint leaves
- Heat 6-quart covered saucepot of water to boiling on high.
- Meanwhile, from lemon, with vegetable peeler, remove 6 strips of peel, avoiding white pith. Very thinly slice lengthwise. Halve lemon; squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. In microwave-safe small bowl, microwave almonds on High 1 minute or until toasted.
- Add broccoli to boiling water. Cook 5 minutes or until just tender. With slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to food processor with knife blade attached.
- Add pasta to same pot. Cook as label directs; reserve 1/4 cup cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, to food processor, add mint, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Puree. With machine running, add reserved water. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add broccoli pesto, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss until evenly coated.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Top with Parmesan, lemon peel, and almonds.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io