A crostata is a delicious Italian dessert, consisting mainly of a sweet short crust filled with fruit.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1⅓ cup cake flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Zest of 1 lime
- Blackberry jam (about ¾ cup, or a bit more or less depending on preference)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch tart pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add 1 egg at a time to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer after each addition. Add the sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Stir in the butter, cake flour, salt, baking powder and lime zest with a whisk or spatula until combined.
- Use a spatula to spread the batter into the tart pan, pressing it up the sides of the pan. (Warning: It will be sticky.)
- Spoon the jam onto the center of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- The tart will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.