The tart combination of tomato with the sweet flavor of nectarine and balsamic vinegar makes this pasta dish a summertime favorite! —Nicole
Cherry Tomatoes, Sliced in Half
Nectarines, 1/2-3/4″ Cubes
Fresh Basil, Cut into Chiffonades
Pasta Water, Reserved
Take cherry tomatoes and nectarines and cut according to ingredient list.
TIP – If you want to quickly cut the tomatoes in half, put then between two saucers and use them as a guide to run a knife through!
- Cook pasta according to package directions, salt water liberally.
- While pasta is cooking, warm the 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Once warm add the cherry tomatoes and cool for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic, salt and nectarines and cook for 2-3 minutes, just long enough to heat up the nectarines but not long enough to make them too soft, remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cups of the water.
- To the tomatoes and nectarines, add in the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and pasta water, then fold in pasta and stir to combine.
- Add basil just before serving