This Simple Pasta with Garlic and Oil is a classic that is perfect by itself or as the base to other recipes and dishes. —Economical Chef
- Bring salted pasta water to boil
- Add your pasta to the water and cook for 2 minutes less than the package designates
- While the pasta is cooking, add your olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat
- Finely chop your garlic (and shallot if you are using it)
- Add your garlic and other optional ingredients (shallot, red pepper) to the oil and cook until the garlic turns light brown (a few minutes)
- Remove your oil and ingredients from the heat until the pasta is done cooking
- Add your cooked pasta to the frying pan with 1 tbsp of pasta water
- Mix together for a couple minutes. Add your parmesan cheese and other pasta add-ins at this time if you wish.
- Plate and enjoy!