A healthy warm salad for the chilling winter days
- ½ cauliflower, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- ½ cup mixed peppers, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 gherkins, sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or any mixed indian masala)
- 1 teaspoon dry mint powder
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 250 degree C.
- Heat oil in a pan. Layer the ingredients- onion, then cauliflower, then tomatoes, then peppers and then the peas.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water, salt & pepper and turn to medium flame.
- Cover and cook till all the vegetables have lost their crunch but are not overcooked.
- Transfer to a baking tray, put the gherkins on top and sprinkle with lemon juice and mint powder.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes till the cauliflower is charred and begins to brown. Be patient here as the ‘burnt’ taste adds much to the flavour of this simple salad
- Serve immediately with warm bread & soup. A healthy and wholesome meal!