I was strolling around the streets of Bologna, one of the most historic and beautiful towns of Italy, with my partner in crime / travel buddy / soulmate aka my husband… and I made one of the most exciting discoveries: Italian grain free pasta that only consists of ONE ingredient!
I often buy gluten free pasta in the U.S. (typically made with black beans, sweet potato starch or a combination of lentils and gluten free oat fiber), but this one seemed like the best thing ever….
Assuming Italians are pretty good at doing what they do, I got a few boxes of organic Pea Flour Fusilli and organic Red Lentil Maccheroni and created this amazing gluten free pasta recipe!
I matched these two kinds of grain free pasta with an amazing dairy free Italian mozzarella (if you are interested in the brand, it’s called “Mozzarisella” and it’s mainly made with rice and coconut)… and as you can see from the photos, the result was a very eye catching and mouthwatering dish!
Are you ready to bring to your table a festive tricolored dish?!? Follow this easy and healthy gluten free recipe and enjoy every bite with no guilt! —Ambra Torelli
Green Pea Pasta
Red Lentil Pasta
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
leaves of Sage
1 1/2 teaspoons
dried Italian herbs
Himalayan Salt, to taste
- Cook your pasta in a large pot of water for about 7 minutes (depending on the brand you buy, cooking time may change). If you want to keep the colors separate for a better presentation, you’ll need to cook the two colors in two different pots.
- While the pasta is cooking, wash the sage and cut in pieces. In a medium sized saucepan, heat up the olive oil with the sage until the leaves get dark green and crispy.
- Strain your grain free pasta and toss it in the saucepan with the olive oil and sage (do it one color at the time if you care about keeping the colors separate). While you mix it, sprinkle some dried Italian herbs and Himalayan salt on it.
- Transfer the pasta in a plate, top it with some dairy free mozzarella cheese and drizzle a bit of olive oil on top.
- Garnish your dish with some fresh basil and enjoy your grain free Pasta Tricolore!