- 6 (10-inch) metal or wooden skewers
- 6 medium ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 24 medium sage leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Oil, for prepping the grill
- 6 chicken sausages
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
Try Amazon Fresh
- Saturated fat2.26g
- Trans fat0.08g
Get fresh food news delivered to your inbox
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.
Summer fruit and herbs complement grilled sausages, for a simple combo you’ll be serving over and over again.
Game plan: If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes beforehand, so they don’t burn on the grill.
Read more about grilling.
Tips for Chicken
Raw or cooked chicken can be stored in a refrigerator for a few days, though it’s important to prevent raw chicken juices from leaking and contaminating other foods. Ensure that chicken remains in its original packaging (which should be vacuum-sealed or tightly-wrapped) until it is ready to be cooked.
1 of 3
Next: How to Freeze Chicken
While freezing will make your chicken less tender and juicy, it is the perfect way to store the family-sized pack you bought at Costco last weekend. Remove the chicken from its original packaging and rewrap it tightly using aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or freezer paper. Double wrap if you are planning to store the chicken for more than two months. Ground chicken can last up to three months in the freezer, while chicken pieces can last up to nine.
2 of 3
Next: How to Thaw Chicken
You should never thaw chicken at room temperature, as it is highly susceptible to bacteria growth. Frozen chicken should either be thawed in the microwave, in the refrigerator, or in cold water (which should be changed every 30 minutes).
3 of 3
Next: How to Store Chicken
- 1Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium (about 350°F). Meanwhile, alternately thread 4 peach quarters and 4 sage leaves on each skewer. Season well with salt and pepper.
- 2Rub the grill with a towel dipped in oil and place the skewers and sausages on the grill. Cook, uncovered and turning occasionally, until the peaches are charred and soft and the sausages are cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3Remove from the grill, drizzle cider vinegar over the peaches, and serve immediately.