Think of this as a twice baked spaghetti squash. —MARY GEFFERT
medium onion, finely chopped
lean ground beef or turkey
1 1/2 teaspoons
shredded Cheddar cheese
grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place halves, inside down in about an inch of water. boil covered for 15-20 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, brown ground meat. Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Remove squash from pan and scrape the cooked squash from the shell into a large bowl using a fork. Forming spaghetti like strings. Set the shells in a baking dish.
- Add the browned meat, tomato sauce and half of the cheddar cheese to the bowl of squash and mix together. Spoon half of mixture into each shell, sprinkle with remaining cheddar and half of parmesan on each shell.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.