From Southern Sideboards cook book. I have been making these biscuits forever. I use an antique biscuit cutter that is 3” round but you can use a glass dipped in flour. —Picholine
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt with a whisk .
- Cut in the shortening until beads appear.
- Stir in Buttermilk until all ingredients are mixed but not over mixed . Let stand 1 minute.
- Knead a few times.Then Roll and Cut. Dough should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in a preheated oven 400° till nicely browned , about 10 -15 min.