Beautiful lemony cakes with a creamy fluffy filling.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 lemon
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- ¼ cup marshmallow cream
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Prepare cake batter following box instructions EXCEPT replace the water with milk but only half the amount.
- Example: If the box calls for ½ cup of water; add ¼ cup of milk instead
- Add juice of ½ lemon and 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- OPTIONAL: a few drops yellow food coloring
- Spoon batter onto parchment lined baking sheet by increments of 2 tablespoons
- Bake 6-8 minutes at 350
- Meanwhile, beat butter, sugar, marshmallow cream and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Beat until fluffy, adding 1-2 teaspoons milk if needed to thin frosting.
- Spread filling on the flat side of one cake, and top with another cake.