Asian Fried Noodles – A gourmet feast from the Far East —jenniferw
mung bean sprouts
red bell pepper
light soy sauce
roasted, salted peanuts
- Cook noodles and peas in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain in a sieve over a bowl, reserving 50 ml cooking water. Drain noodles and peas well.
- Rinse sprouts and drain well in a sieve. Halve bell pepper, remove seeds, rinse and cut into thin strips. Coarsely crush Szechuan pepper in a mortar. Rinse cilantro, shake dry, pluck leaves and chop coarsely.
- In a non-stick pan or wok, fry pepper in sesame oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Mix in noodles, peas and reserved water. Continue to cook and stir until liquid has evaportated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, soy sauce and Szechuan pepper. Pour over noodles and stir until cooked.
- Mix cilantro and sprouts with noodles. Arrange noodles on plates and sprinkle with peanuts to serve.